Being a fantasy fan myself I'd sat down to this expecting to see fictional fantasy creatures bring out their fantastic ways. I must say that the movie did strike a balance between real and imaginary and the numerous action sequences were well laid out and fast-paced but still i did not feel the tingle when I watched the Harry Potter and LOTR series. The Spiderwick Chronicles succeeds in bringing the fantasy world to life with excellent CG effects but I felt that the story lacked in depth. This does happen when you try to abridge five books to a single movie. I felt that i mainly concentrated on the main character Jared and his posession and fight for the field book, but complketely ignored having a good background story to accompany it. There is one creature A Griffin which somewhat looked to me like a the Hippogriff of Sirius Black from the HP movies. The movie isn't that funny, but it also isn't that annoying and atleast it made me sit in chair for the entire movie. I give it a 7.8/10 and go watch it for mild entertainment
Sunday, August 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment